Peterborough Parenting Program
What do we do?
The program aims to assist and support parents to develop skills needed to become actively involved in their day to day lives and provide Professional speakers from the Community to advise and give updated information to them and bring awareness of the Services and Agencies the Community provides. The program provides crèche facilities with a structured program and qualified staff to assist children in readiness for Pre- school and School.
The program can:
• Provide free lunch promoting fresh food/healthy eating and crèche
• Arrange guest speakers
• Provide information sharing
• Provide support from other parents
• Help you to learn new skills
• Provide a breastfeeding/baby change facility to all of community
• Provide a free Toy Lending Library
• Provide structured fun activities for children
• Provide a parent’s information centre with up to date information
• Provide learning about child development and building on skills
• Offer a friendly environment
• Celebrate child and family initiatives including Families Week, Children’s Week and Child Protection Week
• Arrange referrals to appropriate services
• Are a child safe organisation
Key Funding Source
Department of Social Services – Australian Government
Who can we help?
All parents and other community members wanting to connect with a supportive group.
Who can you contact?
Phone 08 8651 2666 / 0428 326 551
Where are we based?
205 Main Street
What areas do we cover?
Peterborough and surrounding District (including Terowie)
Need more information?
You can download a copy of the Parenting Program brochure here.
Self or agency referrals accepted.